Topgolf is coming to Ontario!
The global sports entertainment phenomenon will be opening its second location in Southern California! Topgolf will be located on the southeast corner of N Archibald Ave and Fourth St. Guests score points by hitting golf balls at giant dartboard-like targets and can indulge in a great selection of food and drinks.
Retail Space in Ontario
Online car dealer Carvana has approved plans to open its signature car vending machine on the 2.3 acres of land located at 520 North Turner Avenue, south of I-10. This new and innovative way of buying a car will hold up to 30 vehicles and is clearly visible from the freeway.
- IKEA is coming to Ontario! IKEA is coming in the area north of the I-10 freeway between Archibald and Vineyard (near the car dealerships). The plans have been submitted for development, and entitlement could be approved by August. The store will be 330k SF with a 14k SF restaurant serving, of course, its signature Swedish meatballs.
- New auto dealerships: On October 17th 2018, the Ontario City Council and Infiniti of Ontario cut the ribbon on the new dealership. The new state-of-the-art facility is 37,000 square feet . A Porsche dealership is under construction.
A new Stater Bros anchored center called New Haven Marketplace will serve the master-planned community of Ontario Ranch. It will be located at the southwest corner of Ontario Ranch Rd. and Haven Ave. and will be the fourth Stater Bros in Ontario. A grand opening is expected in early 2020. Other confirmed tenants include Chase Bank, Carl’s Jr., Jersey Mike’s, Dunkin Donuts, Great Clips, and Pizza Hut Sports Bar. Learn more: https://newhavenmarketplace.com/
A shopping center including a Costco Business Center has been approved at the southeast corner of Haven Ave. and the I-10 freeway. The 150k SF Costco Business Center will look almost identical to a traditional Costco , but will be a little more orderly to create a more efficient shopping experience for small-business owners. A 128-room Springhill Suites hotel was recently completed and is now open in the same center, with a drive-thru coffee shop and two retail pads in the planning stages as well.
Grocery Outlet has been approved and is coming to 4420 E Ontario Mills Parkway, formerly occupied by Golfsmith.
- A 2.6 acre retail development has been approved for the northwest corner of Holt Blvd. and Grove Ave. There will be a car wash planned for Phase 1, and two multi-tenant retail buildings (totaling 9,500 SF) for Phase 2.
- At the Southwest corner of Holt and Melrose, a new Autozone and Wendy’s drive-thru are now open. Several light industrial buildings have also been added to the complex.
- In downtown Ontario, a former supermarket at Euclid and G Street is being redeveloped to include a gym (Blink Fitness) and an indoor playground (Kids Empire).
- The Southeast corner of Haven and 4th will be developed into a 94,280 SF grocery-anchored retail center by the Lewis Company.
- A new Raising Cane’s fast food restaurant with a drive-thru has been approved and is in plan check phase. It will be built in front of the Walmart Supercenter, at 1437 N. Mountain Ave., next to Carl’s Jr. Also coming to that corner will be a Blaze Pizza and a vision store.
- Another Raising Cane’s drive-thru recently opened on the former Coco’s site at 4360 E Mills Circle.
Ontario International Airport (ONT) is the fastest growing airport in the United States, according to data compiled by the Ontario International Airport Authority (OIAA). Passenger volume at ONT climbed nearly 7% in April 2019 versus April of last year. This continues a trend of steady growth for the airport.
For the summer travel season beginning Labor Day, an estimated 1.6 million passengers will fly in and out of ONT, an increase of 13.9% over summer last year and more than four times the estimated growth in air travel nationally.
ONT will continue to add new flights over the summer months:
- Delta Air Lines, which began daily, non-stop service to its Atlanta hub in April, will add a second round trip in June.
- United Airlines will launch daily, non-stop service to Houston beginning next month.
- Southwest Airlines will offer four new daily flights to San Francisco and expand its current service to Denver.
Since OIAA, a local organization, received control of the airport, ONT has seen a tremendous amount of growth in both flight destinations and traffic. The OIAA estimates that this year’s airport capacity is estimated to be 30 million passengers, the highest it has been since 2008.
Below is a map of all the direct flights from ONT.
Downtown Ontario News
- Chaffey College is coming to Ontario! On Nov. 6, 2018, voters passed Measure P to allow $700MM of funding to Chaffey College to build a campus in Ontario. The college will be developed in a mostly vacant building at 404 N. Euclid Ave. (from D Street to E Street). I was involved in the sale of this property in 2016, which the City of Ontario bought from a private owner. This is great news for downtown Ontario, as it will bring a large population of students and faculty to the area.
Residential & Multifamily Real Estate in Ontario
- A new 800-unit apartment community called the Paseos, is now open. It is located on Inland Empire Drive, west of Archibald Ave, near the QVC distribution center. Another 900 units developed by the same company will be constructed along Inland Empire Blvd. and North Vineyard Ave.
- A 114-townhome community called Centerhouse at Ontario is now selling at the northwest corner of CA-60 and Euclid Ave. Prices start in the high $300,000s.
Hospitality Real Estate in Ontario
- A new 133-room Westin Element hotel is under construction next to the Piemonte shopping center, near Citizens Business Bank Arena. It is planned to open later this year.
- A new 200+ room, 5-story hotel is planned for the southeast corner of Inland Empire Blvd. and Archibald Ave. It is in the planning phase.
Ontario Ranch Retail Project (www.ontarioranch.com)
Ontario has a goal of doubling its population in the next 20 years, making it one of the 100 most populated cities in the US. A big plan for this will be the Ontario Ranch project, a 13 square mile master planned community on former farm land. Ontario Ranch will add 150,000 residents to the current 170,000 city residents.
- To date, nine specific plans have been approved that will add up to 18,000 residential units, with the ultimate goal being 46,000 residential units.
- 5 million square feet of office/retail space are planned, as well as 20 million square feet of business park and industrial space.
- The community will also include a 320-acre great park.