Recreation in Norco
- The SilverLakes Sports Complex at 5555 Hamner Ave is the big news in Norco! It is a 130-acre equestrian and soccer complex containing 24 soccer fields, 5 equestrian arenas, a 12,000 sqft outdoor cafe, and a 10,000 person concert facility.
- Recently opened at SilverLakes: A 150 seat restaurant called the FieldHouse, and a private banquet facility for 200 people. Future developments include a lit stadium with a 5,000 seat capacity, and an indoor sports facility.
- In 2016, SilverLakes brought over a million visitors to Norco. When the facility is completed, it will be estimated to bring 3,000,000 visitors each year! Norco only has 27,000 residents, so SilverLakes brings a tremendous amount of traffic to the city, which helps local businesses. Restaurants have reported a spike in activity on weekends where there are soccer tournaments taking place at SilverLakes.
Retail in Norco
- Lewis Retail Centers’ Norco Village is open! It is a 125,000 square foot neighborhood center anchored by a new state-of-the-art Stater Bros and CVS. It is located at the corner of Corydon St. and River Road. Other tenants in the center are Starbucks, El Pollo Loco, Miguel’s Jr, Waba Grill, and the UPS Store. As a result of this center opening, the Stater Bros at River Rd. and Second Street has closed.
- A retail development is being planned for the Southeast corner of 6th and Sierra Ave, close to the I-15 freeway, next to the 76 Gas station. This development will have a Grocery Outlet supermarket as well as a Taco Bell, with 6,000 SF of shop space available to be leased.
- A conditional use permit has been issued for a new Arco gas station and possible future restaurant to occupy the land parcel at Hidden Valley Parkway and Corona Avenue. This land was formerly zoned as residential. As a result of the development, Corona Avenue will be blocked off to prevent access from Hidden Valley Parkway.
- A 6,000 SF retail center is planned for the Northeast Corner of 6th and Valley View Ave., across Valley View Ave. from Rite Aid. Tenants have yet to be announced but there is expected to be a food court with a patio.
Hospitality in Norco
- Largely as a result of SilverLakes, there has been a lot of interest from hotel developers as well as within Norco to bring more hotels. Currently, Norco is served by only three hotels: The Fairfield Inn and Suites, Hampton Inn, and Howard Johnson. Plans have been approved for a Holiday Inn Express to be built at the Southeast corner of Hamner Ave. and 5th Street. In keeping with Norco’s “Horsetown USA” style, the Holiday Inn Express will feature Western-style landscape design.
- A new Woodspring Suites with 120 rooms has been approved for a site near 4265 Hamner Ave, south of 5th Construction has begun.
- The City of Norco is actively seeking hotel developers and believes that there is room for at least 3 more hotels to be developed in the City. Please let me know if you know of anyone who would be interested in developing a hotel for this dynamic area!
Infrastructure in Norco
Hamner Ave. Bridge – The existing Hamner Ave. bridge will be lengthened widened to ease traffic on Hamner Ave. and provide a viable alternative to I-15. The total project is estimated to cost $56MM. Estimated completion will be in 2022.
Here is a comparison of the current bridge with what is proposed.
Learn more at: http://tinyurl.com/hamnerbridge
New widening of I-15: Two tolled express lanes will be added in each direction between Cajalco Rd. on the south end to CA Rt-60 on the north end. Construction is underway, and the lanes are projected to be open in mid-2020. The new lanes will be built along the existing median of I-15, so that land will not have to be reclaimed from private owners. Learn more at http://www.i15project.info