Market Update on Commercial Real Estate in Chino
Over the last several months there have been a number of changes to the landscape of commercial real estate in Chino. This is especially true with regards to the “retail real estate sector.” Below, you will see a digest on the various happenings that have recently taken place.
Residential Real Estate in Chino
- The Preserve at Chino is a master planned community developed by Lewis Community Developers. The community will be built on 5,435 acres of former farm and dairy property located south of Chino Airport. Homes have been built and are for sale, with more to be built in the coming years. When completed, the community will include retail shops as well. Home prices start in the $400s. Learn more: thepreserveatchino.com
- The College Park community of homes is located along Edison Ave. between Central Ave. and Mountain Ave., adjacent to Ayala Park. There will be a new retail component to this development (see College Park Community Retail Development, below)
Retail Space in Chino
- The Burlington store in the Chino Town Square at 5517 Philadelphia St has been downsized, and a Planet Fitness gym has moved into the rest of the, occupying about 20,000 SF of the building.
- Cinemark Theaters, which is currently located at 5546 Philadelphia St. will be moving across the street, into the shopping center with Burlington, just to the west of the Burlington store. See picture below.
| Cinemark is moving across the street!
- New restaurants at the intersection of Euclid and Kimball: A Jack in the Box is planned for the northwest corner of Kimball Ave. and Euclid Ave. This was originally planned to be an Archibald’s restaurant. Also, a Farmer Boys restaurant is planned for the southwest corner of Kimball and Euclid.
- College Park Community Retail Development: The City is looking for a developer to build a retail center on the north side of the intersection of Eucalyptus Ave. and Satterfield Way. Due to its location adjacent to Chaffey College, the City believes that a convenience store and a college bookstore would be excellent tenants for this location.
- At the northeast corner of Ramona Ave and Chino Hills Parkway, plans are underway to build a shopping center with inline shops and several drive-thru restaurants.
- New Asian Food Hall: A new Asian food hall had its grand opening on Saturday, October 20th. Cravings Food Village, by 99 Ranch Market, is a modern marketplace/food hall located in the former Food 4 Less site at the Chino Spectrum Marketplace. Cravings Food Village features nine curated dining locations, including a modern Taiwanese bakery, a hot deli, and its own beer and wine bar.
- Retailer Musical Chairs: Party City, Bevmo and Old Navy are moving locations between Chino and Chino Hills.
Hospitality Real Estate in Chino
A new TownePlace Suites Hotel by Marriott International has opened in Chino Hills on November 8th. The new hotel features a wide variety of amenities and 116 suites, each including full kitchens, flat-screen HDTVs and adjustable workspaces. Each suite also contains an outdoor Weber grill, and for guests not interested in cooking, a complimentary breakfast is provided. TownePlace also offers pet-friendly suites for those traveling with their furry companions. Along with the in-suite amenities, the hotel also offers free Wi-Fi, a pool, a business center, and self-serve laundry. You can find TownePlace Suites Hotel at 15881 Pomona Rincon Road.
Industrial Property in Chino
- Chino has roughly 2.5MM square feet of industrial/warehouse space proposed or in the plan check stage. Here are some of the larger projects:
- 45 MM square foot industrial warehouse at the northwest corner of Kimball and Euclid
- 300k industrial warehouse between Main and Walker, south of Merrill (recently completed)
Medical Office Space in Chino
- A new 50,000 Kaiser medical office opened in June at Roswell and Grand.
- A new medical condominium building has been completed. It is on the north side of Philadelphia St., east of Central Ave. and Benson Ave.
- A skilled nursing facility has been built at Walnut and 10th, just north of Chino Valley Medical Center.
For more information about commercial real estate in Chino, or any area within the Inland Empire, please contact Mike Lin. You can reach him through the form on our contact page or by calling him at 949-209-9696.